‘Karen’s suggestions led me to create a cover letter and cv that stood out from the rest and displayed
my writing skills. It is a testament to her skills
that the potential employer contacted me within a
few days of receiving
Leeyong Soo, sub-editor,
Proofreading and copyediting
• We agree on a deadline, scope of my services (working with hard copy or online) and a fee.
• You email me or post me a copy.
• I proofread/copyedit the work with track changes in Microsoft Word or Acrobat Pro PDF. This includes ‘comments’ in the document for you to address and consider.
• I then email it to you for approval.
• Either you take in the changes (accept/reject) and amend the copy according to the suggested comments or email it back to me to take in the changes.
Please contact me about the process for hard copy.
• We agree on a deadline, scope of my services and a fee.
• You advise if you want the work formatted for a specific purpose; for example – an elegant family history
or whether it has to adhere to a formal format according to established standards or whether you want a straightforward Microsoft Word document.
• You deliver to me the sound files/video files/scan of handwritten notes. MP3 files can be emailed or provided on a USB stick.
• I can convert the video files into sound files if needed.
• I type up the notes. This may involve researching words as I go (i.e. foreign spelling, names of places).
• I can time-code the work according to your needs.
• I proofread the work.
• I format the notes into a simple Microsoft Word document.
• I email it back to you.
© 2015-2019 Karen Tait Services